Takes contrarian view at last year's sales; winds up with dam of Dialed In. Bloodstock & Markets
California stewards have ordered a redistribution of Wait a While's share of the 2008 Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) purse and disqualified her from third to last.
Wait a While, undefeated in three starts over Santa Anita's turf course, will be among the favorites in the $2-million Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf (gr. IT) Oct. 24. It will be the second time the daughter of Maria's Mon out of the A.P. Indy mare Flirtatious has started in the Filly and Mare Turf.
Heavily favored Safari Queen accelerated to the lead entering the stretch en route to a decisive two-length victory in the $150,000 Bewitch Stakes (gr. IIIT) for older fillies Wednesday at Keeneland.
Arindel Farm's Wait a While, last year's Eclipse Award winner as the nation's top 3-year-old filly, started her 2007 season in fine style, going virtually gate to wire to win the $100,000 Honey Fox Handicap (gr. IIIT) as the prohibitive favorite on the Gulfstream Park turf Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile