Takes contrarian view at last year's sales; winds up with dam of Dialed In. Bloodstock & Markets
California stewards have ordered a redistribution of Wait a While's share of the 2008 Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) purse and disqualified her from third to last.
Wait a While, undefeated in three starts over Santa Anita's turf course, will be among the favorites in the $2-million Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf (gr. IT) Oct. 24. It will be the second time the daughter of Maria's Mon out of the A.P. Indy mare Flirtatious has started in the Filly and Mare Turf.
Heavily favored Safari Queen accelerated to the lead entering the stretch en route to a decisive two-length victory in the $150,000 Bewitch Stakes (gr. IIIT) for older fillies Wednesday at Keeneland.
Arindel Farm's Wait a While, last year's Eclipse Award winner as the nation's top 3-year-old filly, started her 2007 season in fine style, going virtually gate to wire to win the $100,000 Honey Fox Handicap (gr. IIIT) as the prohibitive favorite on the Gulfstream Park turf Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Willy North Returns to Sales Scene at Fasig-Tipton
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Canadian Racing Channel HPItv to Remain on the Air