Takes contrarian view at last year's sales; winds up with dam of Dialed In. Bloodstock & Markets
California stewards have ordered a redistribution of Wait a While's share of the 2008 Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) purse and disqualified her from third to last.
Wait a While, undefeated in three starts over Santa Anita's turf course, will be among the favorites in the $2-million Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf (gr. IT) Oct. 24. It will be the second time the daughter of Maria's Mon out of the A.P. Indy mare Flirtatious has started in the Filly and Mare Turf.
Heavily favored Safari Queen accelerated to the lead entering the stretch en route to a decisive two-length victory in the $150,000 Bewitch Stakes (gr. IIIT) for older fillies Wednesday at Keeneland.
Arindel Farm's Wait a While, last year's Eclipse Award winner as the nation's top 3-year-old filly, started her 2007 season in fine style, going virtually gate to wire to win the $100,000 Honey Fox Handicap (gr. IIIT) as the prohibitive favorite on the Gulfstream Park turf Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses