Slew Valley, expertly ridden by Jim McAleney, collared Shoal Water in the final sixteenth and outfought his rival to the wire, scoring a neck victory in Saturday's $324,300 King Edward Breeders' Cup (Can-II) on the Woodbine turf.
Rich Meadow Stable and Alan Burkhard's 4-year-old Slew Valley is likely to invade Calder from Maryland for a return to competition in the $100,000 Tropical Park Turf Handicap (gr. III) next Saturday (Dec. 8).
Most Popular Stories
- Blazing Speed Wins QE II Cup in Hong Kong
- Two Derby Hopefuls Boast Derby-Winning Sires
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- No Catching Cinco Charlie in William Walker
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- StarLadies On Oaks Trail With Eskenformoney
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third