Slew Valley, expertly ridden by Jim McAleney, collared Shoal Water in the final sixteenth and outfought his rival to the wire, scoring a neck victory in Saturday's $324,300 King Edward Breeders' Cup (Can-II) on the Woodbine turf.
Rich Meadow Stable and Alan Burkhard's 4-year-old Slew Valley is likely to invade Calder from Maryland for a return to competition in the $100,000 Tropical Park Turf Handicap (gr. III) next Saturday (Dec. 8).
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014