Slew Valley, expertly ridden by Jim McAleney, collared Shoal Water in the final sixteenth and outfought his rival to the wire, scoring a neck victory in Saturday's $324,300 King Edward Breeders' Cup (Can-II) on the Woodbine turf.
Rich Meadow Stable and Alan Burkhard's 4-year-old Slew Valley is likely to invade Calder from Maryland for a return to competition in the $100,000 Tropical Park Turf Handicap (gr. III) next Saturday (Dec. 8).
Most Popular Stories
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Gains Posted at Doncaster Premier Sale
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Clearly Now Faces Class Field in Forego
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions
- OH Thoroughbred Tracks Seek 293 Dates in 2015
- Fourth Washington Park for Mister Marti Gras
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward