Alaazo, a graded stakes-placed son A.P. Indy out of the grade II-winning Deputy Minister mare Atelier, has been retired from racing to stand at Swifty Farms near Seymour, Ind.
Stakes-placed Alaazo and 5-year-old Malt Magic will enter stud in 2010 at Jerry and Peggy Woods' Woodstead Farm near Chehalis, Wash.
Edward Evans' Nite Light took advantage of pedestrian fractions and went gate-to-wire in the $100,000 Turfway Park Fall Championship Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 12 in Florence, Ky.
Todd Pletcher is always a presence at the Breeders' Cup World Championships, and with a spot to the Nov. 7 Breeders' Cup Marathon up for grabs via the $100,000 Turfway Park Fall Championship Stakes (gr. IIIT), the Eclipse Award-winning trainer will look to bolster his chances with a pair of solid contenders.
Eldaafer and Nite Light, separated by only a nose in last month's Brooklyn Handicap (gr. II), will meet again July 18, this time with a Breeders' Cup berth on the line. The older horses will square off in the $250,000 Greenwood Cup at Philadelphia Park Casino & Racetrack.
Does money draw a crowd? Look no further than the Sept. 1 Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) for evidence it's true, as a full field of 14 3-year-olds were entered in the $1 million race, the signature event at Philadelphia Park Casino and Racetrack.
It certainly wasn't as impressive as his wins in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) or Preakness (gr. I), but Big Brown got the job done in the $1 million Haskell Invitational (gr. I) before 45,132 spectators at Monmouth Park Aug. 3.
Six 3-year-olds, including three stakes winners, have been entered to face dual classic winner Big Brown in the $1-million Haskell Invitational (gr. I) Aug. 3 at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate Arrives at Gulfstream Park
- Smith Eagerly Awaits 'Chrome'-Arrogate Rematch
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Pegasus Features Several Unique Conditions
- Sovereign Awards Finalists Announced
- Lea Gets Bay Filly as First Foal
- Illinois Board Ponders Plan to Pump $500K Into Purses
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse