Australian group I winner Mental grabbed the lead late from Kavanagh and drew clear to a one-length victory in the $200,000 Al Shindagha Sprint Sponsored by Jaguar XJ (UAE-III) at Meydan Feb. 14.
Fawzi Abdulla Nass' 2012 Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) winner Krypton Factor tops a full field of 14 entrants and three also-eligible contenders in the $200,000 Al Shindagha Sprint (UAE-III) Feb. 14 at Meydan.
An evenly matched field of 14 sprinters will face the starter in the Al Shindagha Sprint Sponsored by Gulf News (UAE-III) at Meydan Racecourse Feb. 3.
Al Shemali, the upset winner of the Dubai Duty Free (UAE-IT) last year, is set to make his seasonal debut in the $200,000 Al Maktoum Challenge Round 2-Sponsored by Etisalat (UAE-III) at Meydan Race Course Feb. 3.
Tropical Star, a dual group winner at Nad Al Sheba, where the 7-year-old made all 17 of his career starts, was euthanized Feb. 24, one month after winning the Al Shindagha Sprint (UAE-III), the Dubai Racing Club and Emirates Racing Authority announced.
South African runner Ice Cube appears to be the strongest entrant for Thursday's UAE Two Thousand Guineas (UAE-III). The race is one of six stakes races on the second day of the Dubai Racing Carnival.
Most Popular Stories
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel