Jockey Christophe Soumillon landed a group II double at the Dubai World Cup Carnival Jan. 29 at Meydan, winning both the Cape Verdi aboard Cladocera and the Al Rashidiya with Vercingetorix.
The anticipated battle between defending champ Presvis and Musir never materialized as Musir sailed home an easy winner of the $200,000 Al Rashidiya-Sponsored by Dubai Duty Free (UAE-IIT) Jan. 26.
South African trainer Mike De Kock saddled a memorable 1-2 in what was probably the most exciting race in the three weeks of the Dubai International Carnival so far, the listed Al Rashidiya Stakes over 1,777 meters on grass Saturday night.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes