Frankyfourfingers edged Prince Bishop by a head to give rookie flat race trainer Salem Bin Ghadeyer a first big-race win in the Al Maktoum Challenge R2 empowered by IPIC (UAE-II) the evening of Feb. 5 at Meydan.
Under a whipping and driving Silvestre De Sousa, Godolphin filly Shuruq sped past pacesetter Empire Storm late and won the $250,000 Al Maktoum Challenge-Round I (UAE-II) in a quick time Jan. 9 at Meydan.
Heavily favored Mendip took the lead at the top of the stretch and was never challenged, sailing home for an easy victory in the Al Maktoum Challenge-Round I Sponsored by Longines (UAE-III) at Meydan Race Course Jan. 13.
Midshipman, the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner in 2008 and champion 2-year-old colt that year, returned to his winning ways Feb. 25 in an allowance race at Meydan Racecourse in Dubai.
Meydan Race Course announced that January 28, 2010 was the date the first meeting would be staged at the new Dubai track.
Chiquitin, ridden with authority by Mick Kinane, made all the running to win the third-round $300,000 Al Maktoum Challenge (UAE-II) over the Dubai World Cup course and distance at Nad Al Sheba Racecourse at the 2005 Dubai International Racing Club Saturday.
Yard-Arm and Cherry Mix, two of the leading contenders for this year's $6 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) on March 26, go head-to-head during the Dubai International Racing Carnival's meeting on March 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Rebel Still Possibilty for Take Charge Brandi
- Daredevil Still Ready for Rescheduled Swale
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Dortmund, Lord Nelson Set for San Felipe
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- El Kabeir Breezes for Gotham
- Cavalryman Dies After Injury at Meydan
- Gulfstream Announces Summer Stakes Program
- French Group I Winner Creator Dies at 29
- Stryker Phd Named Washington Horse of Year