Under a whipping and driving Silvestre De Sousa, Godolphin filly Shuruq sped past pacesetter Empire Storm late and won the $250,000 Al Maktoum Challenge-Round I (UAE-II) in a quick time Jan. 9 at Meydan.
Heavily favored Mendip took the lead at the top of the stretch and was never challenged, sailing home for an easy victory in the Al Maktoum Challenge-Round I Sponsored by Longines (UAE-III) at Meydan Race Course Jan. 13.
Midshipman, the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner in 2008 and champion 2-year-old colt that year, returned to his winning ways Feb. 25 in an allowance race at Meydan Racecourse in Dubai.
Meydan Race Course announced that January 28, 2010 was the date the first meeting would be staged at the new Dubai track.
Chiquitin, ridden with authority by Mick Kinane, made all the running to win the third-round $300,000 Al Maktoum Challenge (UAE-II) over the Dubai World Cup course and distance at Nad Al Sheba Racecourse at the 2005 Dubai International Racing Club Saturday.
Yard-Arm and Cherry Mix, two of the leading contenders for this year's $6 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) on March 26, go head-to-head during the Dubai International Racing Carnival's meeting on March 5.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released