Maktoum Challenge Round 3 winner African Story, trained by Saeed Bin Suroor, in the parade ring, race start, race finish and interview with winning jockey James Doyle. Courtesy of the Dubai Racing Club
Frankyfourfingers edged Prince Bishop by a head to give rookie flat race trainer Salem Bin Ghadeyer a first big-race win in the Al Maktoum Challenge R2 empowered by IPIC (UAE-II) the evening of Feb. 5 at Meydan.
Under a whipping and driving Silvestre De Sousa, Godolphin filly Shuruq sped past pacesetter Empire Storm late and won the $250,000 Al Maktoum Challenge-Round I (UAE-II) in a quick time Jan. 9 at Meydan.
Heavily favored Mendip took the lead at the top of the stretch and was never challenged, sailing home for an easy victory in the Al Maktoum Challenge-Round I Sponsored by Longines (UAE-III) at Meydan Race Course Jan. 13.
Midshipman, the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner in 2008 and champion 2-year-old colt that year, returned to his winning ways Feb. 25 in an allowance race at Meydan Racecourse in Dubai.
Meydan Race Course announced that January 28, 2010 was the date the first meeting would be staged at the new Dubai track.
Chiquitin, ridden with authority by Mick Kinane, made all the running to win the third-round $300,000 Al Maktoum Challenge (UAE-II) over the Dubai World Cup course and distance at Nad Al Sheba Racecourse at the 2005 Dubai International Racing Club Saturday.
Yard-Arm and Cherry Mix, two of the leading contenders for this year's $6 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) on March 26, go head-to-head during the Dubai International Racing Carnival's meeting on March 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby