Argentine-bred Suggestive Boy, an impressive 2 1/2-length winner of the Arcadia Stakes (gr. IIT) over the Santa Anita Park turf one month ago, heads an eight-horse field in the $300,000 Frank E. Kilroe Mile Stakes (gr. IT).
A full field of 10 3-year-olds will clash in the $100,000 Oceanside Stakes July 20 as Del Mar opens for its 72nd season.
Awesome Patriot and Coil, two colts previously considered for races at Belmont Park June 11, give trainer Bob Baffert a strong hand in the $100,000 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) the same day at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Valid Breaks Through With Monmouth Cup Win
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Guys Reward Finds Path to Oceanport Tally
- Starstruck Back to Winning Ways in Matchmaker
- Ageless Equals Course Record in Royal North
- Majestic River Rolls to Molly Pitcher Win