There weren't any million-dollar broodmares or yearlings Monday during the opening session of the Keeneland January sale in Lexington. But the auction didn't need any seven-figure fireworks. Business was strong enough to boost the gross revenue, average price, and median price by more than 40% apiece from last year.
Read what people had to say about the market during the first two sessions of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir be "The Boss"
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Two Share Fastest Furlong Time at F-T Show
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout