There weren't any million-dollar broodmares or yearlings Monday during the opening session of the Keeneland January sale in Lexington. But the auction didn't need any seven-figure fireworks. Business was strong enough to boost the gross revenue, average price, and median price by more than 40% apiece from last year.
Read what people had to say about the market during the first two sessions of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake