There weren't any million-dollar broodmares or yearlings Monday during the opening session of the Keeneland January sale in Lexington. But the auction didn't need any seven-figure fireworks. Business was strong enough to boost the gross revenue, average price, and median price by more than 40% apiece from last year.
Read what people had to say about the market during the first two sessions of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?
- Far Right Works, Confirmed for Southwest