There weren't any million-dollar broodmares or yearlings Monday during the opening session of the Keeneland January sale in Lexington. But the auction didn't need any seven-figure fireworks. Business was strong enough to boost the gross revenue, average price, and median price by more than 40% apiece from last year.
Read what people had to say about the market during the first two sessions of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup