There weren't any million-dollar broodmares or yearlings Monday during the opening session of the Keeneland January sale in Lexington. But the auction didn't need any seven-figure fireworks. Business was strong enough to boost the gross revenue, average price, and median price by more than 40% apiece from last year.
Read what people had to say about the market during the first two sessions of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Researchers Examine Fatal Lumbar Vertebral Fractures
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack