There weren't any million-dollar broodmares or yearlings Monday during the opening session of the Keeneland January sale in Lexington. But the auction didn't need any seven-figure fireworks. Business was strong enough to boost the gross revenue, average price, and median price by more than 40% apiece from last year.
Read what people had to say about the market during the first two sessions of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Churchill Downs Opens 12-Day Meet Sept. 5
- Viva Lad Steps Up for Presque Isle Mile
- Carpe Diem, OBS March Co-Topper, Wins Debut
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- New York-Breds Could Continue Strong Year
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- The Week in Photos for 9/2/2014
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon