There weren't any million-dollar broodmares or yearlings Monday during the opening session of the Keeneland January sale in Lexington. But the auction didn't need any seven-figure fireworks. Business was strong enough to boost the gross revenue, average price, and median price by more than 40% apiece from last year.
Read what people had to say about the market during the first two sessions of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby