There weren't any million-dollar broodmares or yearlings Monday during the opening session of the Keeneland January sale in Lexington. But the auction didn't need any seven-figure fireworks. Business was strong enough to boost the gross revenue, average price, and median price by more than 40% apiece from last year.
Read what people had to say about the market during the first two sessions of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Barretts October Yearling Catalog Available