There weren't any million-dollar broodmares or yearlings Monday during the opening session of the Keeneland January sale in Lexington. But the auction didn't need any seven-figure fireworks. Business was strong enough to boost the gross revenue, average price, and median price by more than 40% apiece from last year.
Read what people had to say about the market during the first two sessions of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Arqana Sale Closes With Records