There weren't any million-dollar broodmares or yearlings Monday during the opening session of the Keeneland January sale in Lexington. But the auction didn't need any seven-figure fireworks. Business was strong enough to boost the gross revenue, average price, and median price by more than 40% apiece from last year.
Read what people had to say about the market during the first two sessions of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- 'Crook' 50th Black-Type Winner for Freud
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator