There weren't any million-dollar broodmares or yearlings Monday during the opening session of the Keeneland January sale in Lexington. But the auction didn't need any seven-figure fireworks. Business was strong enough to boost the gross revenue, average price, and median price by more than 40% apiece from last year.
Read what people had to say about the market during the first two sessions of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen