Paul Kemling, a leading Nebraska breeder/owner whose runners included Nebraska Hall of Famer Amadevil, died Dec. 15 at the Grand Island Veterans Home near Grand Island, Neb.
An Omaha, Neb., woman with inoperable cervical cancer fulfilled a lifelong wish with a trip to Santa Anita Park this weekend.
Dean Williams, who charted races for Daily Racing Form for nearly 50 years, died June 24 from complications suffered from a recent fall.
Turf writer Don Lee, a fixture on the Nebraska racing circuit for decades, died earlier this month in Omaha at age 82.
Dick Becker, who proved instrumental in Ak-Sar-Ben's success in the 1970s and early '80s, died Jan. 7 at an Omaha, Neb., nursing home after a long illness.
More than 1,700 people converged on AKsarben racetrack on May 30-31 when hundreds of items were auctioned, from photographs to grandstand seats.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation
- Nightflower Takes Second Europa
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again