Dream Journey gave Kenichi Ikezoe the ride of his life at Nakayama Racecourse Dec. 27 when he defeated favored Buena Vista to capture the season-ending grade I Arima Kinen (Grand Prix).
Guided to victory on the front end by jockey Katsumi Ando, favored Daiwa Scarlet became the first female winner of the Arima Kinen (Jpn-I) in 37 years before a crowd of 110,000 at Nakayama Race Course in Japan Dec. 28.
The relentless Vodka, piloted by Yutaka Take, caught Daiwa Scarlett in the final stride to win the $2,448,000 Tenno Sho Autumn (Jpn-I) by a nose before 121,961 spectators at Tokyo Racecourse Nov. 2.
Vodka, winner of the 2007 Japanese Derby, ended a year-long win drought with a stunning 3 1/2-length win in the Yasuda Kinen (Jpn-I), the final leg of Asian Mile Challenge June 8 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- Charles Town Cancels Friday Evening Card
- Sabercat to Averett Farm in Louisiana
- Ohio Begins Examination of Medication Rules
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Superficial Digital Flexor Tendon Rupture in Older Horses
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen