Dream Journey gave Kenichi Ikezoe the ride of his life at Nakayama Racecourse Dec. 27 when he defeated favored Buena Vista to capture the season-ending grade I Arima Kinen (Grand Prix).
Guided to victory on the front end by jockey Katsumi Ando, favored Daiwa Scarlet became the first female winner of the Arima Kinen (Jpn-I) in 37 years before a crowd of 110,000 at Nakayama Race Course in Japan Dec. 28.
The relentless Vodka, piloted by Yutaka Take, caught Daiwa Scarlett in the final stride to win the $2,448,000 Tenno Sho Autumn (Jpn-I) by a nose before 121,961 spectators at Tokyo Racecourse Nov. 2.
Vodka, winner of the 2007 Japanese Derby, ended a year-long win drought with a stunning 3 1/2-length win in the Yasuda Kinen (Jpn-I), the final leg of Asian Mile Challenge June 8 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Ben's Cat Seeks Third Turf Monster Victory
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Saratoga Racing Secretary Gabriel Leaving
- Gelfenstein Farm Blossoms in Ocala