New York's top racetracks are off limits to trainer Jeff Mullins for six months in a case his attorney claims is a "witch hunt."
Trainer Jeff Mullins has been suspended seven days, beginning May 3, and fined $2,500 by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board for an incident in the Aqueduct security barn April 4. The stewards released the ruling April 19, following a telephone hearing with Mullins April 16.
- By Esther Marr
While it's common knowledge within the Thoroughbred industry that trainer Jeff Mullins is in hot water with the New York Racing Association for administering a herbal cough remedy to his horse Gato Go Win prior to the April 6 Bay Shore Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct, fans and horseman who are not familiar with various equine medications may be wondering exactly what ingredients make up this over-the-counter product.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks