Hong Kong group I winner Rulership and dual Japanese classic winner Gold Ship look to be the early favorites for the Arima Kinen (Grand Prix) (Jpn-I), the Japan's biggest race and its season finale, on Dec. 22.
A filly by a Japanese Horse of the Year and out of a Japanese Horse of the Year commanded a record-setting price of July 11.
Great expectations are hovering over Japanese Triple Crown winner Deep Impact as he prepares for his first season at stud, with Shadai Stallion Station officials hoping he will help ignite global interest in Japanese-bred horses.
Fusao Sekiguchi, who raced 2000 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, paid a world-record price for a foal sold at public auction when he acquired a Dance in the Dark colt for ä490,000,000 ($4,537,037) during the first day of the Japan Racing Horse Association sale Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Revolutionary Equine Waste Recycling System
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31