Hong Kong group I winner Rulership and dual Japanese classic winner Gold Ship look to be the early favorites for the Arima Kinen (Grand Prix) (Jpn-I), the Japan's biggest race and its season finale, on Dec. 22.
A filly by a Japanese Horse of the Year and out of a Japanese Horse of the Year commanded a record-setting price of July 11.
Great expectations are hovering over Japanese Triple Crown winner Deep Impact as he prepares for his first season at stud, with Shadai Stallion Station officials hoping he will help ignite global interest in Japanese-bred horses.
Fusao Sekiguchi, who raced 2000 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, paid a world-record price for a foal sold at public auction when he acquired a Dance in the Dark colt for ä490,000,000 ($4,537,037) during the first day of the Japan Racing Horse Association sale Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection
- Strangles Leads to ThistleDown Quarantine
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- An Early Look at the Belmont Stakes