The Alliance for Industry Reform and Horse Owners' Protective Association have merged.
Cothran "Cot" Campbell, founder and manager of Dogwood Stables and a regular participant at Thoroughbred auctions, was tabbed as chairman of the recently formed Sales Integrity Task Force during its first meeting Sept. 2 at Keeneland.
The task force that will look into issues related to Thoroughbred sales will be inclusive, have 16 to 20 members, and could be in place by the end of August, officials with the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association said.
In a press release issued Friday, The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association said it "will take a lead role" in the formation of a task force to study practices involving Thoroughbred sales as suggested by the Alliance for Industry Reform (AIR).
The Alliance for Industry Reform, which is targeting issues tied to Thoroughbred sales, has launched its Web site and is in the early stages of forming an industry task force that will plot a course of action.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31