Brown Panther overcame his wide draw soon after the start and kicked away to an impressive victory in the $1 million Al Tayer Motors Dubai Gold Cup (UAE-II) March 28 at Meydan.
Godolphin Racing homebred Local Time posted her fifth consecutive victory when the 3-year-old filly easily won the $250,000 UAE One Thousand Guineas Feb. 5 at Meydan racecourse.
Lady O'Reilly's smart staying filly Voleuse De Coeurs trounced a field of accomplished runners in the GAIN Irish St. Leger (Ire-I) Sept. 15 at the Curragh.
Coolmore and partners' St Nicholas Abbey spoiled the international debut of filly Gentildonna as he drew off from the reigning Japanese Horse of the Year, winning the $5 million Dubai Sheema Classic March 30 at Meydan.
Godolphin won the $200,000 Nad al Sheba Trophy Sponsored by Haras Estrela Energia (UAE-III) for the third straight year March 2 when Ahzeemah held off a strong challenge from Certerach by a neck at Meydan.
The $200,000 Nad Al Sheba Trophy (UAE-III) attracted an intriguing 13-horse field, including globetrotting Jakkalberry, 2012 Irish St. Leger (Ire-I) victor Royal Diamond, and Saddler's Rock, who has shown impressive stamina.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Maker Trio Heads Muniz Memorial Handicap