Lady O'Reilly's smart staying filly Voleuse De Coeurs trounced a field of accomplished runners in the GAIN Irish St. Leger (Ire-I) Sept. 15 at the Curragh.
Coolmore and partners' St Nicholas Abbey spoiled the international debut of filly Gentildonna as he drew off from the reigning Japanese Horse of the Year, winning the $5 million Dubai Sheema Classic March 30 at Meydan.
Godolphin won the $200,000 Nad al Sheba Trophy Sponsored by Haras Estrela Energia (UAE-III) for the third straight year March 2 when Ahzeemah held off a strong challenge from Certerach by a neck at Meydan.
The $200,000 Nad Al Sheba Trophy (UAE-III) attracted an intriguing 13-horse field, including globetrotting Jakkalberry, 2012 Irish St. Leger (Ire-I) victor Royal Diamond, and Saddler's Rock, who has shown impressive stamina.
Most Popular Stories
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push For Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- NY Tracks Awarded Extended VLT Hours
- Haskin: No More 'What Ifs' With Wise Dan
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- A Timeline For Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- NY Legislature Extends 2% Share for Horsemen