Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale ended Thursday with the fourth highest gross in sale history along with a world record for a broodmare and a North American record for a weanling colt.
- By Victor Ryan
A recently released book investigating the events surrounding the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States alleges a captured al-Qaeda terrorist named the late Prince Ahmed bin Salman, former principal of The Thoroughbred Corp., as an al-Qaeda sympathizer.
Saudi Prince Ahmed bin Salman's The Thoroughbred Corporation, owner of Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner War Emblem, filed a lawsuit June 10 to resolve a dispute over who is entitled to a $1 million bonus for winning the Illinois and Kentucky Derbys --- the prince or the colt's previous owner.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan