Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale ended Thursday with the fourth highest gross in sale history along with a world record for a broodmare and a North American record for a weanling colt.
A recently released book investigating the events surrounding the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States alleges a captured al-Qaeda terrorist named the late Prince Ahmed bin Salman, former principal of The Thoroughbred Corp., as an al-Qaeda sympathizer.
Saudi Prince Ahmed bin Salman's The Thoroughbred Corporation, owner of Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner War Emblem, filed a lawsuit June 10 to resolve a dispute over who is entitled to a $1 million bonus for winning the Illinois and Kentucky Derbys --- the prince or the colt's previous owner.
Most Popular Stories
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- The Influence of His Majesty
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Los Alamitos Earns NTRA Safety Accreditation