Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale ended Thursday with the fourth highest gross in sale history along with a world record for a broodmare and a North American record for a weanling colt.
- By Victor Ryan
A recently released book investigating the events surrounding the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States alleges a captured al-Qaeda terrorist named the late Prince Ahmed bin Salman, former principal of The Thoroughbred Corp., as an al-Qaeda sympathizer.
Saudi Prince Ahmed bin Salman's The Thoroughbred Corporation, owner of Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner War Emblem, filed a lawsuit June 10 to resolve a dispute over who is entitled to a $1 million bonus for winning the Illinois and Kentucky Derbys --- the prince or the colt's previous owner.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Monarchos' Greatness Was Cut Way Too Short