Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale ended Thursday with the fourth highest gross in sale history along with a world record for a broodmare and a North American record for a weanling colt.
- By Victor Ryan
A recently released book investigating the events surrounding the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States alleges a captured al-Qaeda terrorist named the late Prince Ahmed bin Salman, former principal of The Thoroughbred Corp., as an al-Qaeda sympathizer.
Saudi Prince Ahmed bin Salman's The Thoroughbred Corporation, owner of Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner War Emblem, filed a lawsuit June 10 to resolve a dispute over who is entitled to a $1 million bonus for winning the Illinois and Kentucky Derbys --- the prince or the colt's previous owner.
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic