Fox Hill Farms' Coup de Grace closed with gusto in the $200,000 Amsterdam Stakes at Saratoga Race Course July 26, taking advantage after a quick early pace set-up in the 6 1/2-furlong sprint for his late-running style.
A brief player on the Triple Crown trail in Florida earlier this year, Fox Hill Farm's Coup de Grace got back to sprinting and scored a game nose win in the $300,000 Bay Shore Stakes (gr. III) April 5 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Corfu, who set a stakes record in the 2013 Saratoga Special (gr. II), has been retired from racing and will stand the 2014 breeding season at John & Leslie Malone's Bridlewood Farm in Ocala, Fla.
Front-running Corfu nipped Wired Bryan by a bare nose in a desperate finish to the $200,000 Saratoga Special (gr. II) Aug. 11, giving trainer Todd Pletcher his first win in the race for 2-year-olds at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- First Black-type Winner for Freshman Havana Gold
- Hong Kong Champion Able Friend Retired
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park