Fox Hill Farms' Coup de Grace closed with gusto in the $200,000 Amsterdam Stakes at Saratoga Race Course July 26, taking advantage after a quick early pace set-up in the 6 1/2-furlong sprint for his late-running style.
A brief player on the Triple Crown trail in Florida earlier this year, Fox Hill Farm's Coup de Grace got back to sprinting and scored a game nose win in the $300,000 Bay Shore Stakes (gr. III) April 5 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Corfu, who set a stakes record in the 2013 Saratoga Special (gr. II), has been retired from racing and will stand the 2014 breeding season at John & Leslie Malone's Bridlewood Farm in Ocala, Fla.
Front-running Corfu nipped Wired Bryan by a bare nose in a desperate finish to the $200,000 Saratoga Special (gr. II) Aug. 11, giving trainer Todd Pletcher his first win in the race for 2-year-olds at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell