Fox Hill Farms' Coup de Grace closed with gusto in the $200,000 Amsterdam Stakes at Saratoga Race Course July 26, taking advantage after a quick early pace set-up in the 6 1/2-furlong sprint for his late-running style.
A brief player on the Triple Crown trail in Florida earlier this year, Fox Hill Farm's Coup de Grace got back to sprinting and scored a game nose win in the $300,000 Bay Shore Stakes (gr. III) April 5 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Corfu, who set a stakes record in the 2013 Saratoga Special (gr. II), has been retired from racing and will stand the 2014 breeding season at John & Leslie Malone's Bridlewood Farm in Ocala, Fla.
Front-running Corfu nipped Wired Bryan by a bare nose in a desperate finish to the $200,000 Saratoga Special (gr. II) Aug. 11, giving trainer Todd Pletcher his first win in the race for 2-year-olds at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Jockeys' Guild Set for Annual Assembly
- Woodbine Reports Increased Handle
- Wall, McKay Named to Media Honor Roll
- Top Global Runners Vie in Hong Kong Races