The United States Senate Appropriations Committee has approved a fiscal year 2015 agriculture appropriations bill that impacts the horse industry, the American Horse Council reported May 28.
The Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association Political Action Committee will hold its third annual online stallion season auction Jan. 24, 25, and 26 to benefit the PAC and the racehorse retirement program Turning For Home.
The decision to expand the Urban Service Area in Lexington, a topic that has sparked the interest of hundreds of concerned citizens at a series of community meetings the last two months, has been put on hold until early next year.
An update of the Comprehensive Plan for Fayette County, Ky., has attracted heightened interest from the local horse industry, which has formed the Fayette Alliance to protect farmland.
Hundreds of thousands more sheep, pigs and cattle are to be slaughtered in renewed efforts to prevent the further spread of foot-and-mouth disease in Britain.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Equibase Adds Voided Claim Information
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai