The United States Senate Appropriations Committee has approved a fiscal year 2015 agriculture appropriations bill that impacts the horse industry, the American Horse Council reported May 28.
The Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association Political Action Committee will hold its third annual online stallion season auction Jan. 24, 25, and 26 to benefit the PAC and the racehorse retirement program Turning For Home.
The decision to expand the Urban Service Area in Lexington, a topic that has sparked the interest of hundreds of concerned citizens at a series of community meetings the last two months, has been put on hold until early next year.
An update of the Comprehensive Plan for Fayette County, Ky., has attracted heightened interest from the local horse industry, which has formed the Fayette Alliance to protect farmland.
Hundreds of thousands more sheep, pigs and cattle are to be slaughtered in renewed efforts to prevent the further spread of foot-and-mouth disease in Britain.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet
- Deadline Nears for OBS Racing Age Section
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Rocketts Mill Farm Founder Stevens Dead at 82
- Slideshow: Game On Dude