Wearing the black and gold colors of historic Calumet Farm, Kerwin Clark split horses aboard Starstruck to take the $170,000 WinStar Matchmaker Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park on July 27.
Good things come to those who wait, and so it was that Calumet Farm's Irish filly Starstruck bided time stalking the pace, waiting for the right moment to take home the win in the 47th Matchmaker Stakes.
Michael Tabor's Johannesburg remained undefeated by beating Miss Beabea by five lengths to win the Independent Waterford Wedgwood Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) on Sunday at Leopardstown. Also on Sunday, American-bred Bahamian Pirate held off fellow American-bred One Won One to win the Phoenix Sprint Stakes (Ire-III) by a short head.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Elliston Named Keeneland VP of Racing, Sales