Wearing the black and gold colors of historic Calumet Farm, Kerwin Clark split horses aboard Starstruck to take the $170,000 WinStar Matchmaker Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park on July 27.
Good things come to those who wait, and so it was that Calumet Farm's Irish filly Starstruck bided time stalking the pace, waiting for the right moment to take home the win in the 47th Matchmaker Stakes.
Michael Tabor's Johannesburg remained undefeated by beating Miss Beabea by five lengths to win the Independent Waterford Wedgwood Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) on Sunday at Leopardstown. Also on Sunday, American-bred Bahamian Pirate held off fellow American-bred One Won One to win the Phoenix Sprint Stakes (Ire-III) by a short head.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut
- TOBA July Member of the Month
- 'Maria' Upstages Champ Untapable in Shuvee
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Gimme Da Lute Dominates Real Good Deal
- Texas Red, Frosted Likely to Meet in Travers