Pete Anderson, who rode the great Forego in the 1973 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and won the 1958 Belmont Stakes on Cavan, died of a heart attack Feb. 19 at a Hialeah hospital.
Equine millionaires Bold Chieftain and Delightful Kiss head the field for the $100,000 Berkeley Stakes (gr. III), the headline event of Memorial Day weekend at Golden Gate Fields May 31.
Delightful Kiss, a top contender in the $500,000 Breeders' Cup Marathon Oct. 25, does not want to be your friend. He would rather nip off one of your fingers than nuzzle your cheek.
Most Popular Stories
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Departing, Carve Set for Homecoming Classic
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Tonalist, V. E. Day Work at Belmont Park
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Slideshow: Will Take Charge
- Ron Turcotte to Appear at Kentucky Downs