Pete Anderson, who rode the great Forego in the 1973 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and won the 1958 Belmont Stakes on Cavan, died of a heart attack Feb. 19 at a Hialeah hospital.
Equine millionaires Bold Chieftain and Delightful Kiss head the field for the $100,000 Berkeley Stakes (gr. III), the headline event of Memorial Day weekend at Golden Gate Fields May 31.
Delightful Kiss, a top contender in the $500,000 Breeders' Cup Marathon Oct. 25, does not want to be your friend. He would rather nip off one of your fingers than nuzzle your cheek.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- That Handicapping Show: Travers Stakes
- Second Sporting Art Auction in November