Pete Anderson, who rode the great Forego in the 1973 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and won the 1958 Belmont Stakes on Cavan, died of a heart attack Feb. 19 at a Hialeah hospital.
Equine millionaires Bold Chieftain and Delightful Kiss head the field for the $100,000 Berkeley Stakes (gr. III), the headline event of Memorial Day weekend at Golden Gate Fields May 31.
Delightful Kiss, a top contender in the $500,000 Breeders' Cup Marathon Oct. 25, does not want to be your friend. He would rather nip off one of your fingers than nuzzle your cheek.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- HKJC Executive to Give Round Table Keynote
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications