Pete Anderson, who rode the great Forego in the 1973 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and won the 1958 Belmont Stakes on Cavan, died of a heart attack Feb. 19 at a Hialeah hospital.
Equine millionaires Bold Chieftain and Delightful Kiss head the field for the $100,000 Berkeley Stakes (gr. III), the headline event of Memorial Day weekend at Golden Gate Fields May 31.
Delightful Kiss, a top contender in the $500,000 Breeders' Cup Marathon Oct. 25, does not want to be your friend. He would rather nip off one of your fingers than nuzzle your cheek.
Most Popular Stories
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract