Pete Anderson, who rode the great Forego in the 1973 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and won the 1958 Belmont Stakes on Cavan, died of a heart attack Feb. 19 at a Hialeah hospital.
Equine millionaires Bold Chieftain and Delightful Kiss head the field for the $100,000 Berkeley Stakes (gr. III), the headline event of Memorial Day weekend at Golden Gate Fields May 31.
Delightful Kiss, a top contender in the $500,000 Breeders' Cup Marathon Oct. 25, does not want to be your friend. He would rather nip off one of your fingers than nuzzle your cheek.
Most Popular Stories
- East Vs. West in Second Derby Future Wager
- Mohaymen Returns to Work Tab at Palm Meadows
- Contreras Suspended for Oxycodone Use
- Airoforce Ready for 2016 Debut in Risen Star
- Motion, Team Valor Collaborate With Kasseopia
- Higgins Rides First Winner at Santa Anita
- Casse Cues Up Sam F. Davis Wildcard
- Evans, Fitzgerald to Audition at Santa Anita
- Two Prominent NYRA Employees Leaving Posts
- Legends: Rachel Alexandra, Filly for the Ages