The agent for jockey Ramon Dominguez says doctors are optimistic the nation's leading rider will fully recover from a fractured skull.
Both jockey Calvin Borel and his longtime agent Jerry Hissam are recovering--one from injury and one from illness--as the three-time Kentucky Derby winner sits one away from 5,000 career victories.
Ruben Munoz, agent for jockey Gabriel Saez, will also handle the book for leading rider John Velazquez at the Keeneland meet that begins April 3.
Tony Micallef, the jockey agent for Alan Garcia, who upset the June 7 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) aboard Da' Tara, has "no racing privileges" in New York, according to Daniel Toomey of the New York State Racing and Wagering Board.
With his conditional license revoked in California and no chance to apply there until Dec. 31, Patrick Valenzuela is shifting his tack to Louisiana.
Jockey Julien Leparoux is shifting his tack to Fair Grounds in New Orleans, La., after spending about six weeks in California, according to the jockey's agent, Steve Bass.
- By Ryan Conley
Fraud prevention and tax planning was the focus of a series of seminars held in Lexington, Ky., Sept. 12.
- By Claire Novak
See the twisted figure standing near the Oklahoma track? Yes, that's Javier Castellano, and it looks like he's attempting to master some absurd Yoga pose as he bends over backward with hands clasped above his head.
Mountaineer Park-based jockey Gary Birzer, 27, remains paralyzed from the waist down after suffering injuries to his neck and spinal cord in a two-horse spill July 20 at the Chester, W. Va. oval.
A private funeral for bloodstock agent Joss Collins will be held Feb. 18, followed by a public service at St. Mary's Church in Newmarket, England at 2:30 p.m. the same day.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup