The highest-priced horse at the reformatted Arqana February mixed sale came near the auction's conclusion Feb. 10 when Ponte Bawi, a Dubawi filly, sold to Herv Bunel of Agence FIPS.
A daughter of Galileo commanded the top price of 1.1 million euros ($1,357,800 in U.S. funds) during the opening session of Arqana's Deauville August yearling sale in France.
A Peintre Celebre–Hayhaat colt brought the highest price of 205,000 euros ($291,264 in U.S. funds) Aug. 16 on the third day of Arqana's Deauville yearling sale in France. Agence FIPS purchased the colt from Neustrian Associates.
Most Popular Stories
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Destin Remains On Track for Jim Dandy
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Tin Type Gal Rallies to Take Boiling Springs
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury