The Society of International Thoroughbred Auctioneers (SITA) will clarify its policy on aged broodmares during its next meeting, according to a press release issued by the organization on July 10. Based on comments by Fasig-Tipton and Keeneland officials, there was confusion about the portion of the policy that addresses broodmares 18 years of age and older and whether the ban recommended by SITA concerns all broodmares of that age or only broodmares of that age that are not in foal.
Most Popular Stories
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Hillstar Shoots to Canadian International Win
- Just The Judge Earns E. P. Taylor Verdict
- Head May Continue Mile Success with Anodin
- Maturing White Rose Blossoms in Dowager
- Untapable Tops Worktab Sunday at Santa Anita
- Caspar Netscher Up in Time for Nearctic Win
- Fresh Native Bombshell Wins Ontario Fashion
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Undrafted Drills 5 Furlongs for Turf Sprint