The Society of International Thoroughbred Auctioneers (SITA) will clarify its policy on aged broodmares during its next meeting, according to a press release issued by the organization on July 10. Based on comments by Fasig-Tipton and Keeneland officials, there was confusion about the portion of the policy that addresses broodmares 18 years of age and older and whether the ban recommended by SITA concerns all broodmares of that age or only broodmares of that age that are not in foal.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Seasoned Sprinters Fill Churchill Downs S.
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf