The Society of International Thoroughbred Auctioneers (SITA) will clarify its policy on aged broodmares during its next meeting, according to a press release issued by the organization on July 10. Based on comments by Fasig-Tipton and Keeneland officials, there was confusion about the portion of the policy that addresses broodmares 18 years of age and older and whether the ban recommended by SITA concerns all broodmares of that age or only broodmares of that age that are not in foal.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose