The Society of International Thoroughbred Auctioneers (SITA) will clarify its policy on aged broodmares during its next meeting, according to a press release issued by the organization on July 10. Based on comments by Fasig-Tipton and Keeneland officials, there was confusion about the portion of the policy that addresses broodmares 18 years of age and older and whether the ban recommended by SITA concerns all broodmares of that age or only broodmares of that age that are not in foal.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Live Racing at Meadowlands Cancelled Again
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- Leading Jockey Gallardo Heads to New York
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga