Old Friends, an equine retirement organization based in Midway, Ky., has announced that it will bring champions Criminal Type and Sunshine Forever back to the Bluegrass from Japan.
Old Friends will be hosting its first open house on the grounds of Afton Farm on Saturday, April 17, from 4-9 p.m. Admission is free and open to all. Reservations are not required.
Old Friends was formed last year with the intent of retiring and/or bringing home pensioned Thoroughbred stallions and giving the public access to these horses. Ironically the operation's first acquisition, aptly named Narrow Escape, is a 21-year-old mare.
Old Friends, the Kentucky-based operation that aspires to give the public access to retired notable Thoroughbreds, could open its doors at Afton Farm near Midway, Ky., as early as next March.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Tourist, Celestine Work at Keeneland
- War Front's Mosler to Country Life Farm
- Interest Level High for Fasig-Tipton Sale