Old Friends, an equine retirement organization based in Midway, Ky., has announced that it will bring champions Criminal Type and Sunshine Forever back to the Bluegrass from Japan.
Old Friends will be hosting its first open house on the grounds of Afton Farm on Saturday, April 17, from 4-9 p.m. Admission is free and open to all. Reservations are not required.
Old Friends was formed last year with the intent of retiring and/or bringing home pensioned Thoroughbred stallions and giving the public access to these horses. Ironically the operation's first acquisition, aptly named Narrow Escape, is a 21-year-old mare.
Old Friends, the Kentucky-based operation that aspires to give the public access to retired notable Thoroughbreds, could open its doors at Afton Farm near Midway, Ky., as early as next March.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Southern Ring Speeds to Whimsical Victory
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian