Old Friends, an equine retirement organization based in Midway, Ky., has announced that it will bring champions Criminal Type and Sunshine Forever back to the Bluegrass from Japan.
Old Friends will be hosting its first open house on the grounds of Afton Farm on Saturday, April 17, from 4-9 p.m. Admission is free and open to all. Reservations are not required.
Old Friends was formed last year with the intent of retiring and/or bringing home pensioned Thoroughbred stallions and giving the public access to these horses. Ironically the operation's first acquisition, aptly named Narrow Escape, is a 21-year-old mare.
Old Friends, the Kentucky-based operation that aspires to give the public access to retired notable Thoroughbreds, could open its doors at Afton Farm near Midway, Ky., as early as next March.
Most Popular Stories
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- Beam Appointed to Ohio Fund Advisory Panel
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill