Old Friends, an equine retirement organization based in Midway, Ky., has announced that it will bring champions Criminal Type and Sunshine Forever back to the Bluegrass from Japan.
Old Friends will be hosting its first open house on the grounds of Afton Farm on Saturday, April 17, from 4-9 p.m. Admission is free and open to all. Reservations are not required.
Old Friends was formed last year with the intent of retiring and/or bringing home pensioned Thoroughbred stallions and giving the public access to these horses. Ironically the operation's first acquisition, aptly named Narrow Escape, is a 21-year-old mare.
Old Friends, the Kentucky-based operation that aspires to give the public access to retired notable Thoroughbreds, could open its doors at Afton Farm near Midway, Ky., as early as next March.
Most Popular Stories
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- New Withholding, Reporting Rules Near Enactment
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- Secretariat Photo Album
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes
- Richard's Kid Gets First Winner at Del Mar