Old Friends, an equine retirement organization based in Midway, Ky., has announced that it will bring champions Criminal Type and Sunshine Forever back to the Bluegrass from Japan.
Old Friends will be hosting its first open house on the grounds of Afton Farm on Saturday, April 17, from 4-9 p.m. Admission is free and open to all. Reservations are not required.
Old Friends was formed last year with the intent of retiring and/or bringing home pensioned Thoroughbred stallions and giving the public access to these horses. Ironically the operation's first acquisition, aptly named Narrow Escape, is a 21-year-old mare.
Old Friends, the Kentucky-based operation that aspires to give the public access to retired notable Thoroughbreds, could open its doors at Afton Farm near Midway, Ky., as early as next March.
Most Popular Stories
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Darley Closes Aiken Training Track Stable
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Grade II Winner Moulin de Mougin Retired
- O'Neill Sets Del Mar Record With Five Wins
- London Tower Game in Eternal Search
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- Top West Coast Mares Ready for Clement Hirsch
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell