Two-year-olds take the spotlight Oct. 5 when Woodbine presents the Grey Stakes and the Mazarine Stakes, a pair of grade III events worth $250,000 apiece at 1 1/16 miles on the Polytrack racing surface.
C Karma seized the lead in the final furlong and held off the late surging 45-1 shot Freyga by a neck to capture the $157,853 Natalma Stakes (Can-III) on a soft Woodbine turf course Sept. 14.
Lady Shakespeare, a full sibling to multiple grade I winner Shakespeare, is the most intriguing of the 11 2-year-old fillies entered for the $150,00 Natalma Stakes (Can-III) over the Woodbine turf course Sept. 14. The Natalma is the first "Win and You're In" Breeders' Cup Challenge series race for the inaugural running of the $1 million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf at Santa Anita Park Oct. 24.
Favored Juliet's Spirit, a 2-year-old bay daughter of Exchange Rate, is now three for three, after capturing the $142,795 Ontario Debutante Stakes by a head at Woodbine Aug. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- King Kranz Holds Royal Edge in Amsterdam
- Madden Gets Birthday Win at Saratoga
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady
- The Gurkha Edges Galileo Gold in Sussex