Jockey Richard Migliore, who recently moved to California, returned to Aqueduct Thursday to take Godolphin Racing's favored Afrashad gate to wire in winning the $108,300 Fall Highweight Handicap under 132 pounds on a sloppy sealed track.
Silver Wagon's closing style was well served by a fast pace in the $158,600 Sport Page Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Saturday, resulting in a smashing 5 1/2-length victory the Richard Dutrow Jr.-trained gray horse.
Joseph Allen's favored War Front seized the lead on the turn and held sway through the stretch to register an impressive victory in the $208,200 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course Saturday.
Afrashad, unbeaten but untested against stakes company, faces a stern test Saturday at Saratoga in the six-furlong Alfred G. Vanderbilt Breeders' Cup (gr. II). Five battle-tested foes await in the $200,000 race, but jockey Richard Migliore is confident in Godolphin Racing's 4-year-old colt.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week
- Early Claiming Activity Robust at Oaklawn
- First Reported Foal for Jimmy Creed