For the first time since 2007, neither division of the Florida Stallion Stakes at Calder Casino & Race Course will be swept as D'nied Permission won the Affirmed and Putyourdreamsaway took the Susan's Girl.
Jackson Bend and Rosebud's Ridge scored victories in divisions of the Florida Stallion Series for 2-year-olds at Calder Race Course Aug. 29.
Walter Donnelly's 2-year-old colt Straight Faced is undefeated in four starts after winning the $150,000 Affirmed Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes on Saturday at Calder's "Juvenile Showcase."
In Summation and Running Lass took their respective divisions of the Florida Stallion Stakes at sloppy Calder Race Course Saturday, headlining a full program of races for 2-year-olds.
Waterford Farm's undefeated 2-year-old colt In Summation and William Condren and Michael Sherman's brilliant 2-year-old filly Running Lass will be solid favorites to win their respective divisions of the Florida Stallion Stakes (FSS) series Saturday at Calder Race Course.
Cin Cin, a recent maiden special weight winner, stepped up with a convincing five-length win in the $125,000 Affirmed Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes at Calder on Monday.
Calder Race Course was forced to close for both live racing and simulcasting from Friday, Sept. 3 through Sunday, Sept. 5 due to the effects of Hurricane Frances.
The complexion of the Affirmed Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes Saturday at Calder Race course changed somewhat when the 4-to-5 favorite, Trust N Luck, wheeled badly coming out of the starting gate and unseated his rider, Gary Boulanger.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- Bill Authorizes New Jersey Casino Referendum
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Trainer Michael de Kock on Mubtaahij
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Fairmount Sale Hinges on Approval for Slots
- McLaughlin: Frosted Has to Have 'A-Plus' Day
- Miles To Go: Metropolitan Handicap History
- Carpe Diem Will Not Be Entered in Belmont
- Donegal Hopes Keen Ice Can Cool Off Pharoah