Stakes-winning stallion Affirmatif will join the sire roster at Caines Stallion Station near Wynnewood, Okla., for 2014, the farm announced Oct. 11.
Affirmatif, a stakes winner from the female family of major sire Tapit, has been retired from racing for stallion duty at Randy Gammill's Diamond G Ranch near Edmond, Okla.
Silver Timber, winner of the 2009 Woodford (gr. IIIT) and Chamberlain Bridge, winner of that race the year prior, headline a field seven turf sprinters entered for the Shakertown Stakes (gr. IIIT) April 10 at Keeneland.
Despite the Odds became a graded stakes winner June 5 at Belmont Park, as he put away Affirmatif and romped to a 7 1/2-length victory in the $109,000 Hill Prince (gr. IIIT), which was taken off the turf course because of heavy rain in New York.
With nine horses entered in the main body and Dubinsky entered for the main track only, the one-mile Hill Prince (gr. IIIT) at Belmont on June 5 is loaded with horses that have shown talent in tough company.
Dunkirk and Quality Road, the two likely favorites for the $750,000 Florida Derby (gr. I) on March 28 at Gulfstream Park, posted impressive workouts on a fast track on the morning of March 21 at Palm Meadows.
The dust wasn't completely settled from the Fasig-Tipton Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park Feb. 28 when trainer Todd Pletcher threw another 3-year-old on to the stage in a big way as the Wertheimer Brothers' Affirmatif rolled to a nine-length victory in his career debut.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees