Istanford, who would have been among the leading contenders in the $300,000 Del Mar Oaks (gr. I), instead romped to victory in the $96,350 Sandy Blue Handicap as the heavy favorite the evening of Aug. 15.
Guided through a smooth trip by Rafael Bejarano, Istanford led every step of the way at 10-1 odds to dominate the $200,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) on the renovated turf course at Del Mar July 19.
Front-running filly Istanford took it to her male rivals early and held on late, carrying home a stylish victory in the $150,000 Arlington Classic Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park.
Arindel Farm's 2006 Eclipse champion 3-year-old filly Wait a While makes her anticipated return to competition as a heavy favorite in a field of eight older fillies and mares entered in Sunday's $100,000 Honey Fox Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf.
Moncreax Stable's 5-year-old Irish-bred mare Naissance Royale appears to be a standout among 12 fillies and mares entered in Saturday's $75,000 Marshua's River Stakes at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- USADA Contributes to Steroid Crackdown
- Del Mar Debutante Field Talented and Diverse
- Back to Business for Liam's Map in Woodward
- Spendthrift Out Front with Top Sires' Fees
- Goldy Espony on Streak Entering Glens Falls
- No Stability with Texas Commission Funding
- Suffolk to Reopen for First of Three Programs
- Takeover Target Heads Saranac