The University of Arizona Race Track Industry Program is seeking submissions of television advertisements from racetracks across North America and around the world for presentation during a panel session at this year's Symposium on Racing & Gaming.
The HorsePlayer magazine, a handicapping periodical launched in 1994 and published six times a year, said March 29 it would no longer accept advertisements from offshore wagering hubs for its magazine or Web site. The decision is effective immediately.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority is reviewing a policy submitted by the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association that would outline the guidelines for jockeys to wear advertisements while riding in the state.
The NTRA's 2002 radio spots won the Ad It Up Award in a national competition.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Tumblebrutus Gets 25th Black-Type Winner
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate