The University of Arizona Race Track Industry Program is seeking submissions of television advertisements from racetracks across North America and around the world for presentation during a panel session at this year's Symposium on Racing & Gaming.
The HorsePlayer magazine, a handicapping periodical launched in 1994 and published six times a year, said March 29 it would no longer accept advertisements from offshore wagering hubs for its magazine or Web site. The decision is effective immediately.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority is reviewing a policy submitted by the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association that would outline the guidelines for jockeys to wear advertisements while riding in the state.
The NTRA's 2002 radio spots won the Ad It Up Award in a national competition.
Most Popular Stories
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull Stakes
- Eblouissante Retired, to be Bred in Europe
- Alert Bay Victorious in Cal Cup Turf Classic
- Mischief Clem, 'Kitty Post Upsets in Cal Cup
- Lochte Triumphs in Tampa Bay Thriller
- Birdatthewire Soars to Easy Forward Gal Win
- Barbados Makes the Grade in Hutcheson
- First Reported Foal by Justin Phillip a Colt
- Sugar Shock Takes American Beauty in Comeback
- Consumer Credit Captures Sweetest Chant