The University of Arizona Race Track Industry Program is seeking submissions of television advertisements from racetracks across North America and around the world for presentation during a panel session at this year's Symposium on Racing & Gaming.
The HorsePlayer magazine, a handicapping periodical launched in 1994 and published six times a year, said March 29 it would no longer accept advertisements from offshore wagering hubs for its magazine or Web site. The decision is effective immediately.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority is reviewing a policy submitted by the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association that would outline the guidelines for jockeys to wear advertisements while riding in the state.
The NTRA's 2002 radio spots won the Ad It Up Award in a national competition.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Trainer Baird Reaches Win 2,000
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T