Silver Swallow, second to top filly Rags to Riches in the Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) in March in her stakes debut after breaking her maiden three weeks earlier, is a leading contender in Sunday's $100,000 Railbird Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Hollywood Park.
Trainer Doug O'Neill will be gunning for a one-two finish by entrants Super Freaky and Courtwood in the $100,000-added Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Hollywood Park.
Magnificience, a long-striding 3-year-old filly trained by Bruce Headley, flashed just a peek of what might be expected from her when she streaked to a five-length win in the $100,597 Santa Paula (gr. III) in stakes-record time at Santa Anita Sunday.
Magnificience, a dazzling 6 1/2-length winner of her maiden debut three weeks ago, jumps directly into stakes action Sunday in the $100,000-added Santa Paula Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Santa Anita.
Mistical Plan, beaten favorite in Hollywood Park's Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) last month, can make amends in Saturday's $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at 1 1/16 miles at Santa Anita.
Trainer Bob Baffert's brilliant 2-year-old filly Point Ashley likely will be an odds-on favorite in Saturday's $250,000 Oak Leaf Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. I) at 1 1/16 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires