Thirty non-profit organizations that found new homes for 805 Thoroughbreds in 2012 were beneficiaries of the grants.
ReRun, a well-known Thoroughbred adoption organization, is holding a "Moneigh" auction of "Sires and Sons" paintings on eBay that will feature some of Kentucky's best stallions and their sons.
You can determine the post-career fate of a horse from day one of his racing career. Read Blog
Members of the racing industry in Texas are showing strong support for LOPE Texas, a non-profit racehorse-placement program, the organization reported in a Nov. 15 press release.
New York area residents now have a new place to look for Thoroughbreds who can be retrained as hunter/jumper, dressage and pleasure horses.
ReRun, the national non-profit Thoroughbred adoption group, will launch its new fundraising program Running for ReRun at Saratoga Race Course July 30. The first horse signed up for the program is Cooking the Books owned by ReRun's vice-president, Felice Busto's Sea Horse NJ Stables.
The Standardbred Retirement Foundation held its first adoption day in conjunction with the Festival of Horses at the Horse Park of New Jersey on Aug. 8.
A new umbrella organization for ex-racehorse adoption and retirement services has sanctioned its first five groups.
Through a joint effort involving input from Thoroughbred adoption and retirement groups across the country, the Thoroughbred Adoption and Retirement Association has been established. TARA will be based in Lexington, Ky., with initial support provided by California Equine Retirement Foundation, Days End Farm Horse Rescue, and ReRun.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has created a Racehorse Adoption Referral Program to help with Thoroughbred adoptions and retirements.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby