Stallion Noble Mission was represented by his first foal born earlier this week when the mare Forgotten Miss produced a filly at Woodspring Farm in Versailles, Ky.
Maryland-based stallion Admiral Alex picked up his first winner Aug. 14 when his first starter Captain Alex scored a clear victory in his debut, a 5 1/2-furlong maiden-claiming race at Laurel Park.
The recent retirements of many 2010 stars leaves major question marks for next year. Read Blog
Trainer Kiaran McLaughlin looks to have a strong hand in the Jamaica Handicap (gr. IT) at Belmont Park Oct. 9, as he sends out a pair of graded stakes winners to head a field of 11 3-year-olds.
A field of 11 was drawn for the Travers, with Jim Dandy winner A Little Warm pegged as the 7-2 morning-line favorite. Trappe Shot, First Dude, Super Saver, Afleet Again, and Ice Box are also returning from the Haskell.
Robert LaPenta's 3-year-olds Miner's Reserve and Ice Box put in workouts Aug. 20 at Saratoga, with both colts from the barn of Nick Zito listed as possible for the $1 million Travers (gr. I) on Aug. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud