A field of six 2-year-old fillies, including a recent impressive maiden winner and two stakes winners, are set to contest the Aug. 12 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course.
The 137th racing season at Saratoga Race Course got under way Wednesday with 2-year-old fillies taking to the historic oval. In the end it was the Robert and Beverly Lewis homebred Folklore who captured the opening day feature, the six-furlong, $150,000 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Flashy American, Willow Hills in Groupie Doll
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Medication Among National HBPA Meeting Topics
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut
- 'Maria' Upstages Champ Untapable in Shuvee