A field of six 2-year-old fillies, including a recent impressive maiden winner and two stakes winners, are set to contest the Aug. 12 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course.
The 137th racing season at Saratoga Race Course got under way Wednesday with 2-year-old fillies taking to the historic oval. In the end it was the Robert and Beverly Lewis homebred Folklore who captured the opening day feature, the six-furlong, $150,000 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup