A field of six 2-year-old fillies, including a recent impressive maiden winner and two stakes winners, are set to contest the Aug. 12 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course.
The 137th racing season at Saratoga Race Course got under way Wednesday with 2-year-old fillies taking to the historic oval. In the end it was the Robert and Beverly Lewis homebred Folklore who captured the opening day feature, the six-furlong, $150,000 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita