A field of six 2-year-old fillies, including a recent impressive maiden winner and two stakes winners, are set to contest the Aug. 12 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course.
The 137th racing season at Saratoga Race Course got under way Wednesday with 2-year-old fillies taking to the historic oval. In the end it was the Robert and Beverly Lewis homebred Folklore who captured the opening day feature, the six-furlong, $150,000 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Better Lucky Shines; My Miss Aurelia Third
- Filly Untapable Works Toward Haskell
- Will Take Charge Works Toward Whitney
- Grade I Winner Heir Kitty Tops Del Mar Sale
- Kiss to Remember Steps Up in Indiana Grand
- Matz Says He Nearly Retired Somali Lemonade
- Milestone Win 1,000 for Jockey Magrell
- Stopchargingmaria Impressive in CCA Oaks