A field of six 2-year-old fillies, including a recent impressive maiden winner and two stakes winners, are set to contest the Aug. 12 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course.
The 137th racing season at Saratoga Race Course got under way Wednesday with 2-year-old fillies taking to the historic oval. In the end it was the Robert and Beverly Lewis homebred Folklore who captured the opening day feature, the six-furlong, $150,000 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky