A field of six 2-year-old fillies, including a recent impressive maiden winner and two stakes winners, are set to contest the Aug. 12 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course.
The 137th racing season at Saratoga Race Course got under way Wednesday with 2-year-old fillies taking to the historic oval. In the end it was the Robert and Beverly Lewis homebred Folklore who captured the opening day feature, the six-furlong, $150,000 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm