A field of six 2-year-old fillies, including a recent impressive maiden winner and two stakes winners, are set to contest the Aug. 12 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course.
The 137th racing season at Saratoga Race Course got under way Wednesday with 2-year-old fillies taking to the historic oval. In the end it was the Robert and Beverly Lewis homebred Folklore who captured the opening day feature, the six-furlong, $150,000 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Monarchos' Greatness Was Cut Way Too Short
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs
- Tourist, Celestine Work at Keeneland