A field of six 2-year-old fillies, including a recent impressive maiden winner and two stakes winners, are set to contest the Aug. 12 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course.
The 137th racing season at Saratoga Race Course got under way Wednesday with 2-year-old fillies taking to the historic oval. In the end it was the Robert and Beverly Lewis homebred Folklore who captured the opening day feature, the six-furlong, $150,000 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Trainer Brown Captures 1,000th Win
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- A.P. Indian Puts Streak On Line in Forego
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic