Potential buyers have flocked to Saratoga Springs, N.Y. to examine the 152 horses cataloged in this year's Fasig-Tipton Saratoga sale of selected yearlings Aug. 5 and 6. Following are some first session horses turning heads.
Bear Stables' Fatal Bullet set himself up nicely for another try in next month's Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), holding on for a hard-fought, half-length victory in the $250,000 Phoenix (gr. III) on opening day at Keeneland Oct. 9.
To say 2005 Kentucky Derby winner Giacomo was a surprise winner of the Kentucky Derby would be an understatement since he generated a $102.60 win pay-off
Due to weather conditions, the first Adena Springs 2-year-old in training under tack show has been rescheduled for March 6.
A horse retirement program Adena Springs created in 2004 has a new Web site.
Frank Stronach has retired grade I winners Spun Sugar and Amorama to his Adena Springs broodmare band near Versailles, Ky.
El Prado, who is represented this year by 11 stakes winners and whose son Borrego is one of the favorites for the Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I), will stand for $125,000 in 2006, up from $100,000.
After word had circulated through the industry for more than a month, it was officially announced today Jess Jackson has purchased Frank Stronach's Adena Springs near Versailles, Ky.
A well-matched field of 3-year-old fillies should make for both competitive betting and racing in the Adena Stallions' Miss Preakness Stakes (gr. III) Friday at Pimlico.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field