A daughter of Hunter Valley-based stallion Testa Rossa out of Scone topped the second session of the BMW Magic Millions Adelaide yearling sale when she was sold for Aust$115,000 (approximating $73,390 in U.S. funds) March 10 in Australia. Victorian agent Kevin Dagg snapped up the youngster, which was consigned by Gerry Harvey's Baramul Stud.
A Centre Stalls -- Press To Play colt brought the top price of 44,000 Australian dollars (approximately $26,343 in U.S. funds) Friday as the Magic Millions Adelaide yearling sale closed with its summer session.
Adelaide's Magic Millions contained a record high Danehill colt at $260,000, but the second-tier yearling sale returned reduced figures on the previous year.
Leading trainer Gai Waterhouse set a Magic Millions Adelaide yearling sale record when she paid 250,000 Australian dollars (approximately $147,485 in U.S. funds) for a colt by Danehill at the opening session on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- Alliseeisgold Wires Cleveland Gold Cup
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint
- No Positives in June 2015 Economic Indicators
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny