A daughter of Hunter Valley-based stallion Testa Rossa out of Scone topped the second session of the BMW Magic Millions Adelaide yearling sale when she was sold for Aust$115,000 (approximating $73,390 in U.S. funds) March 10 in Australia. Victorian agent Kevin Dagg snapped up the youngster, which was consigned by Gerry Harvey's Baramul Stud.
A Centre Stalls -- Press To Play colt brought the top price of 44,000 Australian dollars (approximately $26,343 in U.S. funds) Friday as the Magic Millions Adelaide yearling sale closed with its summer session.
Adelaide's Magic Millions contained a record high Danehill colt at $260,000, but the second-tier yearling sale returned reduced figures on the previous year.
Leading trainer Gai Waterhouse set a Magic Millions Adelaide yearling sale record when she paid 250,000 Australian dollars (approximately $147,485 in U.S. funds) for a colt by Danehill at the opening session on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- American Pharoah Back on Track at Churchill
- American Pharoah to Stand at Ashford Stud
- Zayat Calls Gambling Debt Lawsuit Extortion
- Zayat Sells Stud Rights to American Pharoah
- Ashleyluvssugar Takes Aim at Whittingham
- CHRB Discusses Los Al at Monthly Meeting
- Beholder Working Again After Illness
- Louisville 'Cap Draws Nine, 'Harbor' on Fence
- It's High Time First Winner for Gone Astray