A daughter of Hunter Valley-based stallion Testa Rossa out of Scone topped the second session of the BMW Magic Millions Adelaide yearling sale when she was sold for Aust$115,000 (approximating $73,390 in U.S. funds) March 10 in Australia. Victorian agent Kevin Dagg snapped up the youngster, which was consigned by Gerry Harvey's Baramul Stud.
A Centre Stalls -- Press To Play colt brought the top price of 44,000 Australian dollars (approximately $26,343 in U.S. funds) Friday as the Magic Millions Adelaide yearling sale closed with its summer session.
Adelaide's Magic Millions contained a record high Danehill colt at $260,000, but the second-tier yearling sale returned reduced figures on the previous year.
Leading trainer Gai Waterhouse set a Magic Millions Adelaide yearling sale record when she paid 250,000 Australian dollars (approximately $147,485 in U.S. funds) for a colt by Danehill at the opening session on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses