A daughter of Hunter Valley-based stallion Testa Rossa out of Scone topped the second session of the BMW Magic Millions Adelaide yearling sale when she was sold for Aust$115,000 (approximating $73,390 in U.S. funds) March 10 in Australia. Victorian agent Kevin Dagg snapped up the youngster, which was consigned by Gerry Harvey's Baramul Stud.
A Centre Stalls -- Press To Play colt brought the top price of 44,000 Australian dollars (approximately $26,343 in U.S. funds) Friday as the Magic Millions Adelaide yearling sale closed with its summer session.
Adelaide's Magic Millions contained a record high Danehill colt at $260,000, but the second-tier yearling sale returned reduced figures on the previous year.
Leading trainer Gai Waterhouse set a Magic Millions Adelaide yearling sale record when she paid 250,000 Australian dollars (approximately $147,485 in U.S. funds) for a colt by Danehill at the opening session on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Fourth Washington Park for Mister Marti Gras
- OH Thoroughbred Tracks Seek 293 Dates in 2015
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward
- Tribal Rule Yearlings Top Washington Sale
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Oklahoma-Bred Supplements Up 10% at Remington