A group trying to prevent the redevelopment of the Bay Meadows race track won a round in court and gained a delay in a hearing of the petition it has brought against the developer and the city of San Mateo.
On Aug. 22 the Honorable Judge George Miram of the San Mateo County Superior Court denied a temporary restraining order sought by the Friends of Bay Meadows seeking to halt the scheduled auction of Bay Meadows memorabilia and commercial assets.
Bay Meadows Race Course supporters said Thursday they'll likely challenge the San Mateo County Registrar of Voters in court after the referendum drive to save the aging track was deemed 136 signatures shy of the number needed to qualify for the June 2006 ballot.
The San Mateo Planning Commission this week refused to endorse a major study on the impact of development plans for Bay Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- Old Fashioned to Stand in South Korea
- Whitmore Gets Green Light for Southwest
- Mare In Foal to Scat Daddy Brings $210,000
- Racetrack Vet Group Takes Proactive Approach
- Taking Shergar
- Delta Downs Bans New Mexico, Arizona Horses
- Kobe's Back Finds Just Enough in Palos Verdes
- Songbird Untouchable in Las Virgenes
- Nyquist Speedy in Final Work for San Vicente
- Mshawish Dazzles in Donn Handicap