T.D. Vance, a 3-year-old Rahy gelding trained by H. Graham Motion, outlasted Silver Whistle to win the Aug. 8 National Musuem of Racing Hall of Fame Stakes (gr. IIT) at Saratoga the same day that racing honored its newest Hall of Famers.
Favored Film Maker, making her first start since finishing second in last year's Breeders' Cup Fillies & Mares Turf (gr. IT), won the $100,000 Gallorette Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a neck Saturday on the Preakness day undercard.
Those anxious to see the movie Seabiscuit should have bet on Film Maker in the Lake George Stakes (gr. IIIT) Monday at Saratoga. She came from off the pace to win the 1 1/16 mile race for 3-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal