T.D. Vance, a 3-year-old Rahy gelding trained by H. Graham Motion, outlasted Silver Whistle to win the Aug. 8 National Musuem of Racing Hall of Fame Stakes (gr. IIT) at Saratoga the same day that racing honored its newest Hall of Famers.
Favored Film Maker, making her first start since finishing second in last year's Breeders' Cup Fillies & Mares Turf (gr. IT), won the $100,000 Gallorette Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a neck Saturday on the Preakness day undercard.
Those anxious to see the movie Seabiscuit should have bet on Film Maker in the Lake George Stakes (gr. IIIT) Monday at Saratoga. She came from off the pace to win the 1 1/16 mile race for 3-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Bell to Head Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance
- Indiana Grand Reports Increased Wagering
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Aussie Sale Buyers Can Request Steroid Test
- Court Decision Threatens Illinois Racing
- Newsmakers of 2014
- RCI Request Would Change RMTC's Current Role
- Cancer Takes Hillary Farish Stratton
- Moment of the Year Voting Begins
- Florida Horseman Gary Caple Dies