T.D. Vance, a 3-year-old Rahy gelding trained by H. Graham Motion, outlasted Silver Whistle to win the Aug. 8 National Musuem of Racing Hall of Fame Stakes (gr. IIT) at Saratoga the same day that racing honored its newest Hall of Famers.
Favored Film Maker, making her first start since finishing second in last year's Breeders' Cup Fillies & Mares Turf (gr. IT), won the $100,000 Gallorette Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a neck Saturday on the Preakness day undercard.
Those anxious to see the movie Seabiscuit should have bet on Film Maker in the Lake George Stakes (gr. IIIT) Monday at Saratoga. She came from off the pace to win the 1 1/16 mile race for 3-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race