Take the Points crossed the wire first in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT) Feb. 6, but the 4-year-old colt was disqualified for interference, giving the win to odds-on choice Court Vision.
Court Vision and Take the Points, both two-time grade I winners on grass, will clash Feb. 6 when making their seasonal debuts in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT).
When racing officials at Colonial Downs added the $750,000 Colonial Turf Cup (gr. IIIT) to their stakes schedule to create the Jacobs Investments $5 million "Grand Slam of Grass," they envisioned attracting strong interest from international horses.
Cockney Rebel, a 25-1 shot, won the Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Saturday -- the first classic of England's flat-racing season.
Most Popular Stories
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Most Inspiring First Winner for Gio Ponti
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- Smart Transition Powers Home in Curlin
- Loooch Racing on the Lookout for Top Horses
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Uncertainty as Delaware Drops Pletcher Case
- CHRB Rejects Proposed Decision on Valenzuela
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight