Take the Points crossed the wire first in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT) Feb. 6, but the 4-year-old colt was disqualified for interference, giving the win to odds-on choice Court Vision.
Court Vision and Take the Points, both two-time grade I winners on grass, will clash Feb. 6 when making their seasonal debuts in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT).
When racing officials at Colonial Downs added the $750,000 Colonial Turf Cup (gr. IIIT) to their stakes schedule to create the Jacobs Investments $5 million "Grand Slam of Grass," they envisioned attracting strong interest from international horses.
Cockney Rebel, a 25-1 shot, won the Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Saturday -- the first classic of England's flat-racing season.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule