Take the Points crossed the wire first in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT) Feb. 6, but the 4-year-old colt was disqualified for interference, giving the win to odds-on choice Court Vision.
Court Vision and Take the Points, both two-time grade I winners on grass, will clash Feb. 6 when making their seasonal debuts in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT).
When racing officials at Colonial Downs added the $750,000 Colonial Turf Cup (gr. IIIT) to their stakes schedule to create the Jacobs Investments $5 million "Grand Slam of Grass," they envisioned attracting strong interest from international horses.
Cockney Rebel, a 25-1 shot, won the Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Saturday -- the first classic of England's flat-racing season.
Most Popular Stories
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives
- 2014 Auctions Digest
- Canterbury Park Announces 2015 Stakes Slate
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Indiana Grand Reports Increased Wagering