Take the Points crossed the wire first in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT) Feb. 6, but the 4-year-old colt was disqualified for interference, giving the win to odds-on choice Court Vision.
Court Vision and Take the Points, both two-time grade I winners on grass, will clash Feb. 6 when making their seasonal debuts in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT).
When racing officials at Colonial Downs added the $750,000 Colonial Turf Cup (gr. IIIT) to their stakes schedule to create the Jacobs Investments $5 million "Grand Slam of Grass," they envisioned attracting strong interest from international horses.
Cockney Rebel, a 25-1 shot, won the Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Saturday -- the first classic of England's flat-racing season.
Most Popular Stories
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Former Claimer Chases Greatness in SA Oaks
- Rivals Back to Challenge Dortmund in SA Derby
- The Big Beast Returns to the Big Leagues
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Frosted Looking to Rebound in Wood Memorial
- Condo Commando Tops Gazelle Contenders
- Grade II Winner Williamstown Dead at 25
- Blinkers On 'Truth Or Else' in Arkansas Derby
- Asmussen Grabs Milestone Win at Oaklawn Park