Take the Points crossed the wire first in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT) Feb. 6, but the 4-year-old colt was disqualified for interference, giving the win to odds-on choice Court Vision.
Court Vision and Take the Points, both two-time grade I winners on grass, will clash Feb. 6 when making their seasonal debuts in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT).
When racing officials at Colonial Downs added the $750,000 Colonial Turf Cup (gr. IIIT) to their stakes schedule to create the Jacobs Investments $5 million "Grand Slam of Grass," they envisioned attracting strong interest from international horses.
Cockney Rebel, a 25-1 shot, won the Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Saturday -- the first classic of England's flat-racing season.
Most Popular Stories
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- Horse Caucus Takes Testimony on Drug Bill
- Espinoza Back for More in Kentucky Derby