Who will win the 2011 Risen Star? A favorite or a longshot? Who will finish last? Now is your chance to see how your picks stack up against the rest of the BloodHorse.com community. Predict the Order
Wilkinson used a rail-skimming ride from Garrett Gomez to register a mild upset in the $100,000 Lecomte Stakes (gr. III) as Fair Grounds' road to the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) got underway Jan. 22.
Justin Phillip leads a short field in the $100,000 Lecomte (gr. III) Jan. 22 at Fair Grounds. Owner Ahmed Zayat is hoping the $400,000 yearling can make it to the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) in May.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Breeder, Businessman Garvin Dies at Age 71
- Filly First Winner for Sire Elusive Warning
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Longshots on Saratoga's Closing Day
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup
- Wise Dan Passes Return Test in Flying Colors
- Stonestreet Has Star in Making in Atreides