Who will win the 2011 Risen Star? A favorite or a longshot? Who will finish last? Now is your chance to see how your picks stack up against the rest of the BloodHorse.com community. Predict the Order
Wilkinson used a rail-skimming ride from Garrett Gomez to register a mild upset in the $100,000 Lecomte Stakes (gr. III) as Fair Grounds' road to the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) got underway Jan. 22.
Justin Phillip leads a short field in the $100,000 Lecomte (gr. III) Jan. 22 at Fair Grounds. Owner Ahmed Zayat is hoping the $400,000 yearling can make it to the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) in May.
Most Popular Stories
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Ready to Act, Daring Kathy Vie at Woodbine
- Starstruck Heads Cast in Monmouth's Violet
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm