Brilliant 3-year-old Act of War justified his status as longtime favorite for the Grand Parade Cape Guineas (SAf-I) when scoring an authoritative win Dec. 20 at Kenilworth.
Brazilian import Hard Buck, unbeaten in two races since he arrived in the barn of trainer Ken McPeek, tuned up for his graded stakes debut as he prepped for Sunday's River City Handicap (gr. III) at Churchill Downs with a four-furlong work on Tuesday.
For the second time in three years, trainer Gene Cilio was the standout of the Prairie State Festival, saddling two winners in the six-race extravaganza for Illinois-registered horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Two Share Fastest Furlong Time at F-T Show
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Mountaineer Cancels; Parx Loses Most of Card
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year