Gil Campbell's homebred Scandalous Act, who swept the three-race Florida Stallion Series races for fillies, worked a half-mile in :51 4/5 at Calder Oct. 25 in preparation of the Nov. 2 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
Schumer Bloodstock has purchased stallions Act of Duty and Will He Shine for export to Saudi Arabia.
Multi-million dollar yearling Act of Duty apparently saved his talent for his progeny, as Fly By Phil's New Years Day win made him the first second-crop sire with a graded stakes winner.
Act of Duty sired his first winner when his daughter Dance for Zack won by 5 3/4 lengths Aug. 21 at Calder Race Course.
Bridlewood Farm stallions Act of Duty and Indian Ocean sired their first foals in mid-January.
Act of Duty, the fifth-highest-priced yearling colt of 2001 and a half-brother to Afleet Alex's sire, will enter stud at Arthur I. Appleton's Bridlewood Farm near Ocala, Fla.
Act of Duty, a half-brother to Northern Afleet who sold for $3.6 million as a yearling but failed to win on the racetrack, has been retired and will stand in 2006 at Arthur Appleton's Bridlewood Farm near Ocala, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Into Mischief Filly MHBA Yearling Show Champ