Little Sister, a stakes winner/producer for brothers Robert and Leland Ackerley, died May 7 from a stomach rupture.
Leland and Sue Cook, owners of Richland Ranch near Corsicana, Texas, received the top award Saturday night at the Texas Thoroughbred Association's annual banquet in Austin.
With leading freshman sire Valid Expectations standing in Texas, now his full brother will join him in the Lone Star state.
Four-year-old Littleexpectations will enter stud in 2002 at Charles Weston and Dr. Jim Ward's Weston-Ward Thoroughbreds at Straus Medina near San Antonio. The syndicated stallion will stand for $2,500.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- Majestic Affair, Lindisfarne Win at Laurel
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Soumillon Scores Group II Double at Meydan
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame