Little Sister, a stakes winner/producer for brothers Robert and Leland Ackerley, died May 7 from a stomach rupture.
Leland and Sue Cook, owners of Richland Ranch near Corsicana, Texas, received the top award Saturday night at the Texas Thoroughbred Association's annual banquet in Austin.
With leading freshman sire Valid Expectations standing in Texas, now his full brother will join him in the Lone Star state.
Four-year-old Littleexpectations will enter stud in 2002 at Charles Weston and Dr. Jim Ward's Weston-Ward Thoroughbreds at Straus Medina near San Antonio. The syndicated stallion will stand for $2,500.
Most Popular Stories
- Commentary: Permeating Speed is a Problem
- Bolo Thrives in Return to Turf at Santa Anita
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Son Wins 'Lopez Battle' at Golden Gate Fields
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah