Little Sister, a stakes winner/producer for brothers Robert and Leland Ackerley, died May 7 from a stomach rupture.
- By Dan Liebman
Leland and Sue Cook, owners of Richland Ranch near Corsicana, Texas, received the top award Saturday night at the Texas Thoroughbred Association's annual banquet in Austin.
With leading freshman sire Valid Expectations standing in Texas, now his full brother will join him in the Lone Star state.
Four-year-old Littleexpectations will enter stud in 2002 at Charles Weston and Dr. Jim Ward's Weston-Ward Thoroughbreds at Straus Medina near San Antonio. The syndicated stallion will stand for $2,500.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Arrogate Posts Strong Mile Work
- Canadian Racing Channel HPItv to Remain on the Air
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Barretts March Sale Catalogs 129 Horses