Dimitrova, winner of the second running of the $750,000 American Oaks Saturday, is scheduled to be flown back to Ireland this week but could return this autumn for the Matriarch (gr. IT), trainer Dermot Weld said. Weld won the Matriarch last year with Dress To Thrill.
French imports Liska and Welcome Millenium worked on the Hollywood Park turf Sunday in preparation for the second running of the $750,000 American Oaks at 1 1/4 miles on grass Saturday.
Willmott Stables' homebred Sand Springs remained unbeaten this year in three starts with a gate-to-wire victory in Saturday's $231,000 Regret Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Churchill Downs turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown