Dimitrova, winner of the second running of the $750,000 American Oaks Saturday, is scheduled to be flown back to Ireland this week but could return this autumn for the Matriarch (gr. IT), trainer Dermot Weld said. Weld won the Matriarch last year with Dress To Thrill.
French imports Liska and Welcome Millenium worked on the Hollywood Park turf Sunday in preparation for the second running of the $750,000 American Oaks at 1 1/4 miles on grass Saturday.
Willmott Stables' homebred Sand Springs remained unbeaten this year in three starts with a gate-to-wire victory in Saturday's $231,000 Regret Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Churchill Downs turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Trickmeister to Tomorrow Bloodstock in NY
- First Foal Reported for Morning Line
- Nerud-Owned and Bred Colt Wins at Big A
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76