Dimitrova, winner of the second running of the $750,000 American Oaks Saturday, is scheduled to be flown back to Ireland this week but could return this autumn for the Matriarch (gr. IT), trainer Dermot Weld said. Weld won the Matriarch last year with Dress To Thrill.
French imports Liska and Welcome Millenium worked on the Hollywood Park turf Sunday in preparation for the second running of the $750,000 American Oaks at 1 1/4 miles on grass Saturday.
Willmott Stables' homebred Sand Springs remained unbeaten this year in three starts with a gate-to-wire victory in Saturday's $231,000 Regret Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Churchill Downs turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Trainer James DiVito Collects 1,000th Win
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita