Dimitrova, winner of the second running of the $750,000 American Oaks Saturday, is scheduled to be flown back to Ireland this week but could return this autumn for the Matriarch (gr. IT), trainer Dermot Weld said. Weld won the Matriarch last year with Dress To Thrill.
French imports Liska and Welcome Millenium worked on the Hollywood Park turf Sunday in preparation for the second running of the $750,000 American Oaks at 1 1/4 miles on grass Saturday.
Willmott Stables' homebred Sand Springs remained unbeaten this year in three starts with a gate-to-wire victory in Saturday's $231,000 Regret Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Churchill Downs turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf