Dimitrova, winner of the second running of the $750,000 American Oaks Saturday, is scheduled to be flown back to Ireland this week but could return this autumn for the Matriarch (gr. IT), trainer Dermot Weld said. Weld won the Matriarch last year with Dress To Thrill.
French imports Liska and Welcome Millenium worked on the Hollywood Park turf Sunday in preparation for the second running of the $750,000 American Oaks at 1 1/4 miles on grass Saturday.
Willmott Stables' homebred Sand Springs remained unbeaten this year in three starts with a gate-to-wire victory in Saturday's $231,000 Regret Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Churchill Downs turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement