Jockey Alex Cintron was injured Nov. 14 in a spill involving three horses and riders during the running of the sixth race at Laurel Park.
A horse trailer traveling from Minnesota to Kentucky that was carrying 53 horses overturned and rolled down an embankment just north of Lawrenceburg, Ind., on Route 1 early Wednesday evening.
Angel Fever, the dam of Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, has died as a result of injuries she sustained in a paddock accident on Jan. 30 at Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm in Paris, Ky.
B. Wayne Hughes' Slammed, who had turned in one of the best performances by a 2-year-old at the Churchill Downs spring meet, was found dead early Saturday after a freak accident.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark
- TAA Accredits 19 Aftercare Organizations