A horse trailer traveling from Minnesota to Kentucky that was carrying 53 horses overturned and rolled down an embankment just north of Lawrenceburg, Ind., on Route 1 early Wednesday evening.
Angel Fever, the dam of Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, has died as a result of injuries she sustained in a paddock accident on Jan. 30 at Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm in Paris, Ky.
B. Wayne Hughes' Slammed, who had turned in one of the best performances by a 2-year-old at the Churchill Downs spring meet, was found dead early Saturday after a freak accident.
Most Popular Stories
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks