A horse trailer traveling from Minnesota to Kentucky that was carrying 53 horses overturned and rolled down an embankment just north of Lawrenceburg, Ind., on Route 1 early Wednesday evening.
Angel Fever, the dam of Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, has died as a result of injuries she sustained in a paddock accident on Jan. 30 at Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm in Paris, Ky.
B. Wayne Hughes' Slammed, who had turned in one of the best performances by a 2-year-old at the Churchill Downs spring meet, was found dead early Saturday after a freak accident.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap