Bettarun Fast will attempt to win her second straight graded stakes in Hollywood Park's co-feature Saturday, the $100,000 Railbird (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at seven furlongs.
Bettarun Fast slipped through along the rail in upper stretch under jockey Aaron Gryder and held off El Mirage Queen and Acceleration in the final strides to spring a 31-1 upset in the $105,650 Santa Paula (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Santa Anita Saturday.
Golden Eagle Farm's undefeated Ladies Souvenir, who easily won her only two starts in Northern California by a combined margin of more than 13 lengths for trainer Greg Gilchrist, takes a big step Saturday in the $100,000-added Santa Paula (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Santa Anita.
Wild Fit, an undefeated daughter of Wild Wonder, will be favored to win her third race for trainer Jeff Mullins in the $200,000 Oak Leaf Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies at Oak Tree's Santa Anita meeting Saturday.
Bully Bones made it back-to-back victories to begin her career when she won Saturday's $150,000 Sorrento Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies in determined fashion at Del Mar.
Indian Breeze and Hystericalady, both undefeated in two starts, head a field of nine 2-year-old fillies for Saturday's $150,000 Sorrento Stakes (gr. III).
Millionaire Vision and Verse was represented by his first winner April 28 when his initial starter, Acceleration, won at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Haskin: A Day in the Life of Wise Dan
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Suprise