Million-dollar winner Silver Tree, out of the barn of Bill Mott, will join top Florida-bred runners in Tampa Bay Downs' Florida Cup Day card on Saturday, a series of six $75,000 stakes on turf and dirt.
Tracy Farmer's homebred millionaire Sir Shackleton, who came into the $50,000 Super Stakes fresh off of a layoff and a series of good works at Palm Meadows, left the Oldsmar oval the holder of the seven furlong track record at Tampa Bay Downs with an additional $30,000 in earnings.
Wire Bound used an explosive move approaching the quarter pole to blast around the far turn five wide then power down the Tampa Bay Downs stretch to an authoritative 2 1/2-length victory over favorite Remind in the $100,000 Tampa Bay Breeders' Cup on the turf Saturday.
Harold Queen's multiple stakes winner Burning Roma put another notch in his gun Saturday when the millionaire held off the late charge of Remind by a short neck to take his second consecutive Tampa Bay Breeders' Cup at Tampa Bay Downs.
Harold L. Queens' multiple stakes-winning millionaire Burning Roma will seek to defend his title in the $100,000 Tampa Bay Breeders' Cup on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Contreras Suspended for Oxycodone Use
- Airoforce Ready for 2016 Debut in Risen Star
- Motion, Team Valor Collaborate with Kasseopia
- Higgins Rides First Winner at Santa Anita
- Casse Cues Up Sam F. Davis Wildcard
- Evans, Fitzgerald to Audition at Santa Anita
- Two Prominent NYRA Employees Leaving Posts
- Legends: Rachel Alexandra, Filly for the Ages
- Willis to Chair New Mexico Racing Commission
- Texas Will Race at Least Through February