Icantgoforthat opened a commanding lead on the turn and powered home by more than thee lengths Friday in the $107,100 Survive Stakes for older California-bred fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park.
A trio of stakes winners sold at the David Milch dispersal at Keeneland this month has been returned to trainer Darrell Vienna.
David Milch plans to end a 20-year stint as a Thoroughbred owner with a dispersal of his racing stock at Fasig-Tipton's Select Mixed Sale Nov. 3.
Think back a few months and see if you can recall the name Above Perfection. Need a hint? She was at Belmont last July, stretching the redoubtable Xtra Heat to the max in the Prioress Stakes (gr. I). If you're still having difficulty, don't worry. You'll be hearing plenty from her this year.
Kenneth Taylor's Xtra Heat posted her first grade I victory and 14th win in 16 starts when she won the Prioress Stakes, Wednesday's holiday feature at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year