Icantgoforthat opened a commanding lead on the turn and powered home by more than thee lengths Friday in the $107,100 Survive Stakes for older California-bred fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park.
A trio of stakes winners sold at the David Milch dispersal at Keeneland this month has been returned to trainer Darrell Vienna.
David Milch plans to end a 20-year stint as a Thoroughbred owner with a dispersal of his racing stock at Fasig-Tipton's Select Mixed Sale Nov. 3.
Think back a few months and see if you can recall the name Above Perfection. Need a hint? She was at Belmont last July, stretching the redoubtable Xtra Heat to the max in the Prioress Stakes (gr. I). If you're still having difficulty, don't worry. You'll be hearing plenty from her this year.
Kenneth Taylor's Xtra Heat posted her first grade I victory and 14th win in 16 starts when she won the Prioress Stakes, Wednesday's holiday feature at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?
- Far Right Works, Confirmed for Southwest