Icantgoforthat opened a commanding lead on the turn and powered home by more than thee lengths Friday in the $107,100 Survive Stakes for older California-bred fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park.
A trio of stakes winners sold at the David Milch dispersal at Keeneland this month has been returned to trainer Darrell Vienna.
David Milch plans to end a 20-year stint as a Thoroughbred owner with a dispersal of his racing stock at Fasig-Tipton's Select Mixed Sale Nov. 3.
Think back a few months and see if you can recall the name Above Perfection. Need a hint? She was at Belmont last July, stretching the redoubtable Xtra Heat to the max in the Prioress Stakes (gr. I). If you're still having difficulty, don't worry. You'll be hearing plenty from her this year.
Kenneth Taylor's Xtra Heat posted her first grade I victory and 14th win in 16 starts when she won the Prioress Stakes, Wednesday's holiday feature at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Two Share Fastest Furlong Time at F-T Show
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Mountaineer Cancels; Parx Loses Most of Card
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year