Richard Englander's Abderian rallied from last in a field of ten to win the $100,000 Turf Monster Handicap Monday at Philadelphia Park.
A field of 14 turf sprinters, led by Fiscally Speaking, are expected in Saturday's $100,000 Shakertown Sprint (gr. IIIT), going 5 1/2 furlongs at Keeneland.
Still fifth with three-sixteenths of a mile remaining, Joe's Son Joey stormed down the middle of the course to win Friday's featured $84,525 Woodford County Stakes at Keeneland.
Joseph R. Lunetta's Joe's Son Joey led a slew of closers to the wire to notch a 1 1/4-length victory in the $100,000 Calder Turf Sprint Handicap on Summit of Speed day at the south Florida oval.
No Jacket Required, claimed by trainer Tom Amoss for $40,000 in his last start, returned to the track Saturday to earn a neck-length win in the $113,700 Shakertown Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland. Under jockey Brice Blanc, the 6-year-old gelded son of Jolie's Halo completed the 5 1/2 furlongs in 1:03.25 on firm turf.
A full field of 10 turf sprinters will contest the $100,000 Shakertown Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Blue Grass undercard at Keeneland Saturday.
Richard Englander's Abderian and James B. Tafel's Allspice captured the closing-day Arlington Park stakes races Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Ruler of The World to Coolmore Stud for 2015
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- Mr. Besilu to Texas' Eureka Thoroughbred Farm
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- Don't Tell Sophia, Ria Antonia Drill for BC
- Presque Isle Horsemen Payments Delayed
- HRRN Plans 17 Hours of Breeders' Cup Coverage