In what amounted to a little more than a workout, Hystericalady defended her title in the $300,000 Molly Pitcher Stakes (gr. II) with ease Aug. 24, romping to an eight-length victory on the Monmouth Park dirt at odds of 1-9.
Any rival having to face the exceptional mare Hystericalady would have a hard time, no matter when or where it is. But having to do it at Monmouth Park, where she has proven to like the surface, and in the $300,000 Molly Pitcher Stakes (gr. II), an event she won by daylight last season, make it an even more unenviable task.
Sensational 5-year-old mare Hystericalady added yet another item to her already impressive resume, and in the process insured her return to the Breeders' Cup with a four-length romp in the $1 million Delaware Handicap (gr. II) July 13 at Delaware Park.
A quality field of 11 fillies and mares will do battle in the $1-million Delaware Handicap (gr. II) July 13, but the 10-furlong event may come down to a superstars Hystericalady and Unbridled Belle, who have a combined eight graded stakes victories between them.
The first reported foal sired by grade I turf winner Aragorn is a colt foaled Jan. 14 at John T.L. Jones III and Robert Trussell's Walmac Farm near Lexington.
Hystericalady earned the first grade one victory of her career and began a two-race winning streak when she took the 21st running of the $340,800 Humana Distaff Stakes (gr. I) by a definitive four lengths on Saturday at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup